1. Maintains the philosophy of “small is beautiful” (Schumacher).
2. Gives close attention to the individual strengths, needs and potential of all students.
3. Offers a balanced interdisciplinary curriculum.
4. Insists upon empathy, compassion and respect towards others.
5. Cultivates student intellect through inquiry, keen observation, critical thinking and expression.
6. Fosters in students the ability to express themselves with precision, clarity, confidence and imagination in at least two languages.
7. Challenges students to achieve the highest standards in all aspects of their development and to reflect upon their progress.
8. Encourages students to act with conviction and to take responsibility for their actions and accompanying consequences.
9. Encourages responsible participation in local and global community activities that celebrate and respect cultural diversity.
10. Provides every student with the opportunity to enter the IBO.
11. Serves organic, well-balanced lunches in a family style setting, and facilitates environmentally sustainable use of all resources used on campus.